Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Calendar notification defaults offered in 10.14

I’d like to change the defaults that are presented in Calendar for the alarms. In prior versions of the OS, various posts say it was possible to edit the plist and set up custom alarms. With 10.13 and above, the key “PersistentMenu-lastUsedAlarms” in the com.apple.iCal.plist plist no longer seems to be there. One post suggested editing it in hex but my search proved fruitless for that, too.

Please note: this is not choosing the default alarm in Preferences for new events. I want to change the list of default alarms offered to me. In my case, I want to have an alarm for events 2 minutes before the event instead of the current 5 min. I can change this manually when making new events every time but I'd like to make this the default and permanent.

Has anyone accomplished this on 10.14? This Apple support answer has the best info so far: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3722779

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 12:01 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How to change Calendar notification defaults offered in 10.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.