Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hub for new Nov 2018 Macbook Air

Can I use a Hub-C 3.0 with the new Nov 2018 Macbook Air? Is there a noticeable difference between a 3.0 hub and a 3.1 hub?

MacBook Air, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 7:33 AM

I'm using an old USB hub that I have plugged into an adapter I bought from Amazon and it works great, so no need for new USB-C hubs.

BTW, I'm able to drive two external HDMI displays from my new 2018 MacBook Air, which I wasn't able to do with my 2013 one. (Actually I did figure out how to do it, but it required additional adapters and drivers).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 7:33 AM in response to Deodatus46

I'm using an old USB hub that I have plugged into an adapter I bought from Amazon and it works great, so no need for new USB-C hubs.

BTW, I'm able to drive two external HDMI displays from my new 2018 MacBook Air, which I wasn't able to do with my 2013 one. (Actually I did figure out how to do it, but it required additional adapters and drivers).

Hub for new Nov 2018 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.