Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Series 3 watch chimes at 100% while charging

For the last several weeks my Series 3 watch will chime every minute or so once the battery hits 100% while charging (screen shows the power logo like when you first make connection to charger). While I'm not 100% it seems to have started after upgrading to WatchOS 5. Doing some Googling it seems a couple people have had similar issues over the years but aside from some troubleshooting I have not seen anyone with a fix/answer. Below is what I've done thus far:

1.) rebooted watch (both soft and hard)

2.) un sync and re sync watch from my phone (restoring backup on re sync)

3.) tried wife's Series 3 charger cable (and power brick)

4.) used different outlet in the house

5.) ensured plastic packing wrap was removed from the charger puck

The wife's watch can charge on my cable without this issue and my watch still chimes on her cable so I think it's something with my watch. Aiside from this it's working fine, battery life is two days just like it was when new (its 14 months old). Neither the watch of the charging puck are hot (not even warm) when charging. I do NOT use any charging accessories/stands/etc, just what came in the box with the watch. Anything else to troubleshoot? Is there a way to get logs off the watch that might indicate an issue? I could bring it to Apple store obviously, what sort of tests/checks do they do there?

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 8:44 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2018 1:55 PM in response to linuxos77

Okay just got off the phone with Apple support. they are aware that some people are experiencing this and are looking into it. They were aware of it before I called, hopefully theyre making progress. So support walked me through the following:

1. Did an unpair of watch

2. Did a pair of the watch, but did NOT restore the backup, set up the watch as new

3. They opened up a diagnostic session to my watch and ran hardware tests. According to the tests I have no hardware issues

I'm at my office and my charger is at home, I'm going to charge it tonight and see if it continues to chime at 100%. I'll update what I find.

Apple Series 3 watch chimes at 100% while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.