Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers

Today I had a problem trying to open a Numbers file that was created in Numbers 3.6.2 I got a message saying It was time to upgrade to the latest version of Numbers. Clicking " Not Now " resulted in the file not opening. I can not upgrade to the latest version of Numbers because it is only compatible with newer OSX versions. Mine is 10.11.6 El Capitan. I can not upgrade the OSX because my Macbook Pro is Mid 2009 and will not upgrade beyond El Capitan. As much as I would like a new Mac I can not afford it right now. So what do I do ? It seems at the time of writing this that it is only this file that will not open. Others seem to open OK. Can anyone help me ?

Many thanks, Andrew.

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 10:31 AM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2018 2:19 PM in response to andygld

I am surprised that "not now" would have made a change but stranger things have happened. Did you try the fall back for almost every strange problem: rebooting?

There is a link to an Apple webpage with prior iWork versions. Unfortunately I do not have the link with me but I am sure someone else will chime in soon. Hopefully the version you need is included there, if you need it.

If not that, you might try restoring Numbers from a backup.

Last year I retired a perfectly serviceable and much loved 2008 Mac Pro because of Apple's update restrictions. I had to buy a new computer to use the latest software. That is, I am sure, their goal.

Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.