Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I use family iCloud subscription without providing a credit card?

how can I use family iCloud subscription without providing a credit card? I have a balance on my account and have added additional using an iTunes gift card, but the system requires me to put in a payment method to set up icloud storage family sharing.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 11:14 AM

You cannot, sharing an iCloud storage plan requires Family Sharing, which in turn requires a verified payment method on the Family Organizer's account, there is no way around this.

If you are not the Family Organizer, you do not need to have a credit card. If you are the Family Organizer then you absolutely do need a credit card on your account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 11:14 AM in response to 66john

You cannot, sharing an iCloud storage plan requires Family Sharing, which in turn requires a verified payment method on the Family Organizer's account, there is no way around this.

If you are not the Family Organizer, you do not need to have a credit card. If you are the Family Organizer then you absolutely do need a credit card on your account.

how can I use family iCloud subscription without providing a credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.