Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Macbook with OS X 10.9.5 and I need to go to a 10.11 or above. What is the version I should be upgrading to?

I have a Macbook with OS X 10.9.5 and I need to go to a 10.11 or above. What is the version I should be upgrading to?

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 12:20 PM

It really depends upon your exact model Macbook and its specifications.

To get more information about your computer, go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac", then "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

Upgrade to OS X El Capitan - https://support.apple.com/HT206886 - "OS X El Capitan remains available for Mac computers that can't upgrade to macOS High Sierra, or that need to upgrade to El Capitan first." The El Capitan link will not work on a computer running 10.8.5 or newer and capable of High Sierra.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 12:20 PM in response to telewhizkid

It really depends upon your exact model Macbook and its specifications.

To get more information about your computer, go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac", then "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

Upgrade to OS X El Capitan - https://support.apple.com/HT206886 - "OS X El Capitan remains available for Mac computers that can't upgrade to macOS High Sierra, or that need to upgrade to El Capitan first." The El Capitan link will not work on a computer running 10.8.5 or newer and capable of High Sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.