Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling Touch ID

I’m trying to disable touch ID for app purchases on my daughter’User uploaded files phone (iPhone 8) I know the process is to go toSettings>Touch ID & Passcode>Use Touch ID for>iTunes & App Store>Off however “iTunes & App Store“ toggle is grayed out and can not be modifie.

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Caren!

I see that you're unable to turn off Touch ID for iTunes & App Store on your daughter's iPhone 8 because the option is blocked out. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you resolve this.

Check to see if restrictions are already enabled on her iPhone: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Hope this information helps you modify these settings.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 3:32 AM in response to carenfrompowell

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Caren!

I see that you're unable to turn off Touch ID for iTunes & App Store on your daughter's iPhone 8 because the option is blocked out. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you resolve this.

Check to see if restrictions are already enabled on her iPhone: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Hope this information helps you modify these settings.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Disabling Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.