Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not finishing installation on Apple Watch 4.

Apps will not install on my Apple Watch 4. They appear to start installing but the circle just keeps on turning endlessly. I hope someone has a fix, thanks.

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 8:53 PM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2018 7:59 AM in response to garyfromdrouin

Hello garyfromdrouin,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to install apps on your Apple Watch.

You'll find some great information here about how to Use apps on your Apple Watch .

Download apps on your Apple Watch

When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, any apps on your iPhone that are compatible with Apple Watch will install.

To add a new app to your Apple Watch, download it on your iPhone first. Then you can add it to your watch. Here's how to find apps that are compatible with your Apple Watch:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap the App Store tab.
  3. Browse for apps. When you find one that you want, purchase or get it. App purchases automatically install when Automatic App Install is turned on. If an app doesn't automatically install, you might need to manually add it to your Apple Watch.

Add or remove apps on your Apple Watch

Here's how to remove third-party apps from your Apple Watch:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
  2. Scroll to the app that you want to add or remove. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section. Apps that you already installed appear in the Installed on Apple Watch section
  3. To add an app to your Apple Watch, tap Install.
  4. To remove an app, tap it, then turn off Show App on Apple Watch.

At which point in the process does the issue seem to happen? Is it when you're downloading it on the iPhone end, or when you start to install it on the Apple Watch?

A great place to start with this type of issue is to restart both devices together. These links will walk you through the restarts:

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persist after restarting, I also recommend ensuring both devices are up-to-date. First, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . Then, use these links to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and Update your Apple Watch if needed.

Hopefully the information above helps you.

Kind regards.

Apps not finishing installation on Apple Watch 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.