Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn’t our music downloading?

My boyfriend and I are under a family shared on our music and we can’t download any music it’s been like this for two days

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 9:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2018 4:55 PM in response to steffakasnooki

Greetings steffakasnooki,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to download music with your Apple Music subscription on your iOS device.

The following guide provides troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with Apple Music: Get help with iCloud Music Library

Specifically, let's have you review the following section:

If you can't download, play, or access songs

First, check iTunes to see if the song is ineligible for upload. Additionally, if you added the song to your library from the Apple Music catalog, it might no longer be available on Apple Music.

Check your Internet connection

Open Safari on your iOS device or Mac, or a web browser on your PC, and go to any website to make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi or Internet connection.

If you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device, you can try using cellular data:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Turn on Use Cellular Data.

You might have to pay a fee to download over a cellular network. Contact your wireless carrier for details, and learn about cellular data settings and usage.

If the behavior persists, I suggest to sign out of Apple Music by signing out of the iTunes & App Store. Keep in mind, signing out of the iTunes & App Store will remove music which has been downloaded for offline listening. To sign out of the iTunes & App Store: tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap your Apple ID. From there, select Sign Out.

If additional assistance is needed, it would be helpful to know the behavior you experience when you attempt to download music to your device, and if the behavior continues when your device is connected with a different network.

Kind regards.

Nov 21, 2018 4:55 PM in response to steffakasnooki

Greetings steffakasnooki,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to download music with your Apple Music subscription on your iOS device.

The following guide provides troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with Apple Music: Get help with iCloud Music Library

Specifically, let's have you review the following section:

If you can't download, play, or access songs

First, check iTunes to see if the song is ineligible for upload. Additionally, if you added the song to your library from the Apple Music catalog, it might no longer be available on Apple Music.

Check your Internet connection

Open Safari on your iOS device or Mac, or a web browser on your PC, and go to any website to make sure that you have a strong Wi-Fi or Internet connection.

If you can't connect to a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device, you can try using cellular data:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Turn on Use Cellular Data.

You might have to pay a fee to download over a cellular network. Contact your wireless carrier for details, and learn about cellular data settings and usage.

If the behavior persists, I suggest to sign out of Apple Music by signing out of the iTunes & App Store. Keep in mind, signing out of the iTunes & App Store will remove music which has been downloaded for offline listening. To sign out of the iTunes & App Store: tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap your Apple ID. From there, select Sign Out.

If additional assistance is needed, it would be helpful to know the behavior you experience when you attempt to download music to your device, and if the behavior continues when your device is connected with a different network.

Kind regards.

Why isn’t our music downloading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.