Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 6th gen - BMW iDrive/Screen lock

Hi,

I used to have a iPod classic which worked wonderfully on the BMW iDrive with full functionality, picture covers, etc. This has packed up and as they are no longer available, I purchased a new iPod touch 128gb (6th gen).

It connects and works fine......except the stupid screen lock. Unlike the classic, I have to unlock the iPod every-time i start the car, otherwise it wont connect! This means rummaging around the center console and unlocking the screen. I tried to turn the screen lock off, but that just kept the screen active and the iPod touch went to zero battery overnight.

I'm hoping there is a way that I can have a screen lock off (set to never), but also have the screen turn off after a minute or so or when I turn the ignition off. This is how the Classic used to work, and not just drain the iPod touch battery (so I can just start my car and the music starts where it left off).

The car is a 2014 and does not have Airplay, but BMW confirmed it would work (and it does, except for the stupid screen lock). I am using a new certified BMW USB to Lightning connector.

There might be a simple setting that I'm missing, I do hope so.

Although unrelated, on the Classic I used to have BMW connected Drive with the BMW emblem on the classic screen, I have nothing on the Touch?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 9:02 AM

There are no replies.

iPod Touch 6th gen - BMW iDrive/Screen lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.