Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you used up all of your 16g, and you reset your ipod to factory settings, will you get a fresh, new 16g?

I have used up all the 16g in my iPod touch 6th generation. Is there a way I can start over and get the 16g back? If I reset my iPod to factory settings, will I get the 16g back like it’s brand new? Or will I lose the 16g for good?

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 8:57 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2018 11:59 AM in response to faith3b

Hello faith3b,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post you want to know if restoring your phone will give you back the 16GBs of your space back. I am happy to help you.

You can restore your phone back to factory settings but what I can't do is tell you if you will get all of the 16GBs of space back. I recommend using the article below for help with restoring your iPod if that is the route you choose to follow.
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

I am also providing an article that tells you about the storage on your device.
About storage on your device and in iCloud

Let me know if you have any question.
Have a great day!

If you used up all of your 16g, and you reset your ipod to factory settings, will you get a fresh, new 16g?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.