Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to select photos to import

Out of nowhere, my photos from my iPhone started automatically importing to my laptop without asking me to select which ones. I like to select them. Any advice?

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Did you recently update the system on your iPhone?

The upgrade to iOS 12 may have enabled iCloud Photos. With iCloud Photos enabled on the iPhone and your Mac all new photos taken with the iPhone will automatically sync to your Mac and all new photos imported to your Mac will automatically upload to iCloud Photos Library and to your iPhone.

• Check the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos on your iPhone.
  • Check the Photos > Preferences > iCloud in Photos on your Mac

Has iCloud Photos become enabled? If yes, do not delete any photos from your iPhone, that you want to keep on your Mac. And do not delete any photo from your Mac, that you want to keep on your iPhone. With iCloud Photos enabled, iCloud is trying to keep the photos libraries on all devices identical, and a deletion will sync to all devices.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2018 10:37 AM in response to keepthecan

Did you recently update the system on your iPhone?

The upgrade to iOS 12 may have enabled iCloud Photos. With iCloud Photos enabled on the iPhone and your Mac all new photos taken with the iPhone will automatically sync to your Mac and all new photos imported to your Mac will automatically upload to iCloud Photos Library and to your iPhone.

• Check the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos on your iPhone.
  • Check the Photos > Preferences > iCloud in Photos on your Mac

Has iCloud Photos become enabled? If yes, do not delete any photos from your iPhone, that you want to keep on your Mac. And do not delete any photo from your Mac, that you want to keep on your iPhone. With iCloud Photos enabled, iCloud is trying to keep the photos libraries on all devices identical, and a deletion will sync to all devices.

Trying to select photos to import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.