Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have received an odd email for an iTunes card purchase which has been sent to: blarkart403@xcodes.net? Not me??? I have changed my password but when I log in it tells me my Apple ID is being used at another location? What should I do?

I think someone is using my Apple ID.

I received an email from the Apple store for an iTunes gift card I didn’t purchase.

i followed a link to cancel which seems to be an endless loop.

I have also changed my password several times today as the system keeps telling me that my Apple ID is being used at another location.

Do I need to also change my Apple ID?

I am very concerned

Payment authorisation

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 11:47 PM

You are sure that it’s a genuine email from Apple and not a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details ?

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2018 11:47 PM in response to Goanna12

You are sure that it’s a genuine email from Apple and not a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details ?

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Nov 18, 2018 2:20 PM in response to ed2345

Hi

I did initially follow the link and then when it took me down a path for more information I backed out and went through my password and settings to change my password again. I have two factor authentication as well as Touch ID.

When I log in to my Apple ID it keeps saying that someone in Near Canberra is also trying to log in and I have said do not allow.

Should I change my Apple ID as well?

Anna

Nov 18, 2018 4:16 PM in response to Goanna12

Anna,

If you are pretty sure you didn't give your password to a fake site, you are probably OK. The person near Canberra might be a hacker, or they might just be a confused person trying an incorrect Apple ID.

However, please look in the article that I linked, and be very vigilant for the symptoms listed in the section "How Do I Know if My Apple ID was Compromised." If there is a real sign of trouble, continue to the section after.

I have received an odd email for an iTunes card purchase which has been sent to: blarkart403@xcodes.net? Not me??? I have changed my password but when I log in it tells me my Apple ID is being used at another location? What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.