Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem logging into Icloud on Mac

I have updated my apple ID - however the Icloud address on my IMac, still features old email address and subsequently I can not log in to icloud, or make any updates. ...? How can I change Icloud email address on Mac - as if I try to Sign Out - it tells me it will delete everything on my Imac? Any ideas please?

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 6:24 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2018 8:07 AM in response to una188

Hi there, una188!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with updating your iCloud information after changing your Apple ID and I’m happy to help! I recommend checking out this article with the steps for What to do after you change your Apple ID or password. Since your issue is specific to your iCloud information on your Mac:

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in.

Have a wonderful day!

Problem logging into Icloud on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.