Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a ringtone to iTunes when there is no 'Tones' bar?

i tried to look for the option of adding the tones section, but nothing. Also when I drag an M4R file to the itunes window nothing happens.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 5:55 AM

Did you read the tip?

The section Add ringtone to device, iTunes 12.7 or later explains how .m4r ringtone files are added to your device with the current version of iTunes. You don't have to adjust any of the iTunes menus. Connect the device to iTunes, drag and drop from Windows Explorer to device where it appears in the sidebar.

The section Removing hidden tones has some troubleshooting advice if iTunes isn't able to add the tones using the method described.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2018 5:55 AM in response to Nathaliek19

Did you read the tip?

The section Add ringtone to device, iTunes 12.7 or later explains how .m4r ringtone files are added to your device with the current version of iTunes. You don't have to adjust any of the iTunes menus. Connect the device to iTunes, drag and drop from Windows Explorer to device where it appears in the sidebar.

The section Removing hidden tones has some troubleshooting advice if iTunes isn't able to add the tones using the method described.

tt2

How do I add a ringtone to iTunes when there is no 'Tones' bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.