Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Airpods be used with an android?

Hi,

I am wondering if I purchase Airpods for my boyfriend if he will be able to connect them and use them with his Samsung?

Thank you

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Sure.

First, place the AirPods into their charging case. Open the lid, then find the little pairing button on the back of the case. Hold that in for a few seconds and you’ll see the light on the case flash white. This means that the Pods are in pairing mode, so open up the Bluetooth settings on your Android device. Tap the AirPods in the device list, and accept any prompts that come up.

This will pair the AirPods to your Android phone (or Windows PC that supports Bluetooth), and they’ll act like a standard pair of Bluetooth buds. Apparently, they still pause music when tapped, even on non-Apple devices. Of course, the AirPods can’t activate Siri or instantly switch between devices when used with Android, but at least you can listen to music with them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2018 11:47 AM in response to agl13

Sure.

First, place the AirPods into their charging case. Open the lid, then find the little pairing button on the back of the case. Hold that in for a few seconds and you’ll see the light on the case flash white. This means that the Pods are in pairing mode, so open up the Bluetooth settings on your Android device. Tap the AirPods in the device list, and accept any prompts that come up.

This will pair the AirPods to your Android phone (or Windows PC that supports Bluetooth), and they’ll act like a standard pair of Bluetooth buds. Apparently, they still pause music when tapped, even on non-Apple devices. Of course, the AirPods can’t activate Siri or instantly switch between devices when used with Android, but at least you can listen to music with them.

Can Airpods be used with an android?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.