Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad and ipod exchanging photos

My ipad and ipod are exchanging photos causing storage space issues.

How to I stop them from getting each other's photos?

They share the same apple ID.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 6:01 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2018 2:35 PM in response to DataDude53

Hi DataDude53,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a question about storage and iCloud.

If you're using the same Apple ID and see the same photos between your devices, it sounds like you're using iCloud Photo Library. You should be able to use the steps below to turn off iCloud Photo Library on one of the devices to prevent them from syncing. These steps are from the article titled Get help with iCloud Photos :

How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photos on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Next to Photos, click Options, then deselect iCloud Photos.*
  • On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photos.*

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn off iCloud Photos. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

Before you turn off iCloud Photos, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.

This should help clear things up and prevent your photos from syncing between devices.

Have a great rest of your day!

ipad and ipod exchanging photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.