Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Needed with iTunes Store Prompt

I am upgrading from an older iPad to a new one. I did a transfer from the old to the new (using that circle in the picture trick), then restored from an iCloud backup from yesterday.

It went mostly well, except it is constantly prompting me to input the password for an old Apple ID (which isn’t even mine - it’s an old one of my husband’s) for the iTunes Store. I don’t know the password to that Apple ID, and I can’t figure out how to switch it to my iCloud ID.

A few notes:

1. My iCloud is set up with the correct Apple ID.

2. My husband and I don’t have access to that old email anymore, so I can’t switch my iCloud account to the old email address temporarily. I saw a thread advising that, but because I can’t get into the old email, I can’t do it.

3. I have no idea which apps/songs/other content are associated with the old Apple ID, so I can’t delete them. I have no idea how this backup came to be associated with the old ID anyway.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 5:53 PM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2018 9:02 PM in response to jillmacfangirl

You are welcome. Unfortunately, I don't. Since you don't have access to that email anymore, trying to recover the password for the old ID probably won't work.

Long shot. Try having your husband contact Apple ID support to see if they can help him recover the password.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Work through the screens to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form. The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.

Help Needed with iTunes Store Prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.