Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XS MAX Grainy portrait mode

My iphone xs max portrait mode is very bad , the pictures when I zoomed in are grainy and pixelated, the lighting is good , is this normal ?? Does it happened to u guys too

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 8:35 PM

They look fine to me. All digital images become grainy when you zoom in or enlarge because they are made up of pixels. The smaller the original digital photo the more grainy it will become with even small enlargements.

4 replies

Dec 1, 2018 11:09 PM in response to Kappy

I noticed the same compared to when I first got my phone. And no, not Bc of zooming in. However, I noticed it more when they are indoor photos. But also just hope it wasn’t because of all the updates. Even with flash on it is grainy and bad quality. Before I sometimes wasn’t able to actually tell from my DSLR cam (photographer) Quality was that nice. Now it just looks out of focus. This is before- xs max. Now quality is like above pics. User uploaded file

Iphone XS MAX Grainy portrait mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.