Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if the content & privacy restrictions is gray out

what if the content & privacy restrictions is gray out?

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 6:10 AM

I’m having the same problem. I am the parent and know the passcode. When I go into content & restrictions on her phone or mine (selecting her as the family member), the toggle is off and the rest of the screen is grayed out. When I hit the toggle on her phone or mine, the toggle goes green for 2-3 seconds then back to gray. I can’t make changes even if I want to. This happened after her account disappeared from our family and I re-added her to the family. I don’t know that she did anything...it may have been accidental changes by a younger sibling playing with the phone. I think the original restrictions are in place, but not positive, and I don’t think the screen was grayed out before. If I shut my phone down, I can access this content on her phone, but as soon as I turn my phone back on, both phones “gray out” that screen. I need help!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2018 6:10 AM in response to deonevan12

I’m having the same problem. I am the parent and know the passcode. When I go into content & restrictions on her phone or mine (selecting her as the family member), the toggle is off and the rest of the screen is grayed out. When I hit the toggle on her phone or mine, the toggle goes green for 2-3 seconds then back to gray. I can’t make changes even if I want to. This happened after her account disappeared from our family and I re-added her to the family. I don’t know that she did anything...it may have been accidental changes by a younger sibling playing with the phone. I think the original restrictions are in place, but not positive, and I don’t think the screen was grayed out before. If I shut my phone down, I can access this content on her phone, but as soon as I turn my phone back on, both phones “gray out” that screen. I need help!

Dec 16, 2018 1:08 PM in response to Momofateen

I'm having the same issue and have been ever since ios 12 came out. I have updated all of our phones and everyone is running ios 12.1.1. I toggle Content and Privacy Restrictions to on, it turns green/on for 2 seconds, then toggles back off. I've spoke to Apple countless times about this and so far they don't have a fix for this issue. This is so frustrating.

what if the content & privacy restrictions is gray out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.