Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout app on Apple Watch

Recently when I was having trouble with my watch downloading 3rd party apps a senior rep had me unpair the watch and instead of "Restore from Backup" which is what I did when I first got the Apple Watch they had me "Setup as New". When I did this it brought everything on my watch back to factory settings. When this did not fix the problem of downloading 3rd party apps I unpaired the watch and restored back to the original backup so I could get all my settings back. It took a while before everything came back to the watch and not everything came back like it was supposed to (i.e. settings on specific watch faces). When I tried to complete my first Workout an indoor walk and indoor run after having the issues the watch gave me a message that "To improve accuracy do a 20 minute run outside or a 20 minute walk inside. I have several questions.

1) Are they saying to improve accuracy I need to do an outdoor run with the watch set to "indoor run" or an outdoor run with the watch set to "outdoor run"?

2) Do I need to do this again if I did this already before I unpaired my watch?

Can someone pleas clarify??

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5.1.1

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 10:36 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Workout app on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.