Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have video in mp4. and mov. that won't play?

I have old video from my computer before i changed to mac. They are in mp4. format as well as some .mov format and I went to play one in the mov format and it tried to convert so I just tried to play and it will not. I am afraid to do much else I dont want to lose the files. What do I need to do to convert or play them. I used a couple free services and they gave and error or converted and still would not play.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 7:11 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2018 1:26 PM in response to Jayprime

If video conversions fail, then you’ll have to examine how the information is stored inside the file. I’d like to use the application VideoSpec for this. (It is based on MediaInfo.) It will tell you a lot of details for the media file, which will help in determining how to convert it to something more compatible. Use the Report function to generate a text file report, and post that text here. You can redact the filename, but please leave the rest complete.

i have video in mp4. and mov. that won't play?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.