Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring photos from the cloud to my I phone.

I deleted all of my photos from my iPhone. They should have been backed up to the cloud. How do I restore them to my phone from the cloud?

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 9:14 AM

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, note that it is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to that iCloud Photo Library. You can recover the photos from the Recently Deleted album on the phone for approximately 30 days. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Another way that photos may be on iCloud (if you don’t have iCloud Photo Library turned on) is via a backup of an iOS device. You can use the backup to restore your entire phone (not just photos). Restoring will replace all of the data currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 9:14 AM in response to firstpft

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, note that it is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to that iCloud Photo Library. You can recover the photos from the Recently Deleted album on the phone for approximately 30 days. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Another way that photos may be on iCloud (if you don’t have iCloud Photo Library turned on) is via a backup of an iOS device. You can use the backup to restore your entire phone (not just photos). Restoring will replace all of the data currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Restoring photos from the cloud to my I phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.