Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my emails stay deleted?

I have yahoo and Gmail accounts. I delete my emails by swiping them and by going into the actual email to delete but.....when it searches for emails again...those same emails reappear...as read!! This is even after deleting and clearing the trash from the actual gmail or yahoo account on a desktop. Help! help!

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 11:29 AM

Thank you for trying those steps, KeiniaSimone KeiniaSimone. It's appreciated. I'd like for you to delete and restore the Mail application at this point.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch

Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap on the app, then tap Delete.
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch.

Cheers!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2018 11:29 AM in response to KeiniaSimone

Thank you for trying those steps, KeiniaSimone KeiniaSimone. It's appreciated. I'd like for you to delete and restore the Mail application at this point.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch

Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap on the app, then tap Delete.
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap User uploaded file to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch.

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2018 8:43 AM in response to KeiniaSimone

Greetings, KeiniaSimone.

I see that even after deleting an email from the webmail site, the emails deleted repopulate on your iPhone. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts, then select the email accounts you're having an issue with, scroll to the bottom, then tap "Delete Account". Once the accounts are deleted, restart your iPhone. When your iPhone returns to the Home screen, return to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and set them up again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Why won’t my emails stay deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.