Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up iPad mini

i am trying to set up an iPad mini (2012). I sign in with my Apple ID and correctly enter my passcode. Then from that screen, it says updating iCloud settings. It churns and churns never leaving that screen. What shall I do?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 1:12 PM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2018 10:37 AM in response to Fgaro1

Greetings Fgaro1,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to set up your iPad, as you mentioned the iCloud settings never update for you.

The following guide offers troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with iCloud: Get help with iCloud

Specifically, let's have you attempt the following suggestions:

Get started

1. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC has a strong Internet connection.
  2. Check the Apple System Status page to make sure there are no outages or scheduled maintenances currently affecting iCloud.
  3. Update your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, and your Mac to the latest version of macOS. See the iCloud system requirements for more information.
  4. Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices.

Additionally, I suggest to restart your iPad and test the behavior: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If additional assistance is needed, it would be helpful to know if the behavior continues with your iPad connected to a different network.

Kind regards.

Setting up iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.