You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers calendar change month?

cannot change the calendar month in Numbers calendar. It defaults to Sept. 2018. How do I set the month?

Numbers-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 8:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 8:57 PM

HI i'

The cell containing the large September contains a pop-up menu. Click on the cell to select it, then click on the small control that appears to the right of the cell to open the menu.

User uploaded file

select the month you want, and the calendar automatically changes to display that month (and the previous and following months in the small calendars on the page).

User uploaded file

Change the year by clicking in its cell (below the large month name) and enter the year you want.

Note that changing the month (or the year) does NOT affect the contents of the large cells below each date cell. If you are going to keep notes in this calendar, I'd suggest Duplicating the "Monthly" sheet 11 times to make one for each month of the year, naming each sheet and setting it's month to match the name, then saving the result as a template.

This will give you a template for a full yer of monthly calendars in which you need only change the year on each sheet to have a new, empty calendar for the next year.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2018 8:57 PM in response to iSaffi

HI i'

The cell containing the large September contains a pop-up menu. Click on the cell to select it, then click on the small control that appears to the right of the cell to open the menu.

User uploaded file

select the month you want, and the calendar automatically changes to display that month (and the previous and following months in the small calendars on the page).

User uploaded file

Change the year by clicking in its cell (below the large month name) and enter the year you want.

Note that changing the month (or the year) does NOT affect the contents of the large cells below each date cell. If you are going to keep notes in this calendar, I'd suggest Duplicating the "Monthly" sheet 11 times to make one for each month of the year, naming each sheet and setting it's month to match the name, then saving the result as a template.

This will give you a template for a full yer of monthly calendars in which you need only change the year on each sheet to have a new, empty calendar for the next year.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 19, 2018 10:25 PM in response to iSaffi

Hi iSaffi,

To see what is going on "behind the curtain" in the Calendar template,

Click on each table and Format Panel > Table > Tick Table Name.

User uploaded file

Click on the MONTH AND YEAR table and Menu > Table > Unhide All Rows and Unhide All Columns.

User uploaded file

For example, you can see the formula in A4 of the MONTH AND YEAR table

=DATE(A2,LOOKUP(A1,B,C),1)

As Barry said, that template offers a Sheet ("Monthly") for you to duplicate 11 times to give 12 months.

Regards,

Ian.

Numbers calendar change month?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.