Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube for iOS 9.3.5

I have iPad 2 iOs 9.3.5 and i need to install youtube and spotify because i reset my ipad and when i need to install the app it says it requires iOs 10 or later to install the apps, but my ipad says the software is up to date, what do i do?

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 11:16 PM

If you had already installed these apps previously on your iPad 2, go the App Store app.

In the App Store app, look for the Purchased tab/name in the bottom menu.

Tap on Purchase, look for the apps you have already purchased, the ones you are looking for should appear in the Purchased tab/section/button in the iOS App Store app on the older iPad model.

Then, try tapping the download “cloud” icon next to the app, in this location, to see if the small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device. Would you like to download this version now?

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

Good Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 11:16 PM in response to cidcaicor_ambas

If you had already installed these apps previously on your iPad 2, go the App Store app.

In the App Store app, look for the Purchased tab/name in the bottom menu.

Tap on Purchase, look for the apps you have already purchased, the ones you are looking for should appear in the Purchased tab/section/button in the iOS App Store app on the older iPad model.

Then, try tapping the download “cloud” icon next to the app, in this location, to see if the small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device. Would you like to download this version now?

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 19, 2018 8:43 PM in response to cidcaicor_ambas

You're probably out of luck. Since Apple changed how apps are backed up (i.e., they aren't really) a few years ago you are now at the mercy of the app distributors as to which versions they will make available to you. If you have an old backup of apps on your computer you can transfer them.

Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support - https://support.apple.com/HT208079 - Downgrade to iTunes 12.6.4

YouTube for iOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.