Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer a cd audiobook to iTunes and have it play in audiobooks with chapters not music as one continuous stream

I have a multi disk edition of a series of books which I want to import to be able to play either on my mac or on my iPhone, unfortunately iTunes is the default setting for downloading cds so when it comes to playing back there is no way of bookmarking where I left off last time. I know that this is possible in iBooks but that only deals with text, is there any way of setting up and audiobook section in iTunes which will remember where i left off last time I was listening to the book?

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 9:17 PM

After you have imported the audio CD into iTunes, right click on each track and select "Song Info"

Click on the tab along the top that says "Options" then in the "Media" pop-up menu select "Audiobook"

Then this track will show up in the Audiobooks section of your library instead of Music, and hopefully will remember where you left off last time you were listening. I think you may be able to select all the tracks at once and set this media type for all of them at once.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2018 9:17 PM in response to roonz

After you have imported the audio CD into iTunes, right click on each track and select "Song Info"

Click on the tab along the top that says "Options" then in the "Media" pop-up menu select "Audiobook"

Then this track will show up in the Audiobooks section of your library instead of Music, and hopefully will remember where you left off last time you were listening. I think you may be able to select all the tracks at once and set this media type for all of them at once.

How can I transfer a cd audiobook to iTunes and have it play in audiobooks with chapters not music as one continuous stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.