Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x cellular update failed

i have an iphone x and a week ago it first went into bootloop. finally when i was able to start my device an eroor popped up saying CANNOT USE CELLULAR DATA UNTIL DEVICE IS UPDATED. at that time my phone was running ios 12.0.1. i ran software update check on my device and it downloaded 12.1. when i tried to instal an error popped up saying UNABLE TO VERIFY UPDATE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK.so i updated through i tunes still no luck. plus my phone's IMEI was gone.then i restores ky device and after that my device is bricked.i cannoy go beyond the wifi network step after i chose the wifi network an error pops up saying COULDNOT ACTIVATE IPHONE and only option that appears is yo shutdown the device i want helo with this matter someone please guide me about this problem that what is actually wrong here .is it software or hardware and if it is hardware will i he able to get a replacement or repair because my device is still under warranty.anyhelp would be deeply appreciated.

iPhone X, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 11:50 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2018 8:17 PM in response to mosa0210

Hey mosa0210,

If I understand correctly, you are not able to activate the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't activate your iPhone

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

iphone x cellular update failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.