Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 keeps disconnecting from 2018 MacbookPro

I had been using my Magic Mouse 2 with by previous Macbook pro mid-2014 without a single issue.

Recently I have switched to new Macbook pro-2018 and I am using the same mouse with it.

But It started to get disconnected. I already tried a few things. But they didn't solve the problem.

For example, resetting magic mouse firmware, resetting MacBook's Bluetooth module and PRAM/SMC resets not helped.

Current OS version is 10.14.1

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 9:52 AM

I found a workaround solution for now. I am using 5GHz Wi-Fi networks instead of 2.4ghz.

Bluetooth works at 2.45GHZ frequency band, and if you use 2.4 GHz Wifi network, the Bluetooth connections become unstable.

7 replies

Feb 14, 2019 10:07 AM in response to Golge123123

Finally, I discovered the source of this annoying problem, it was my USB Type-C Hub !! some sources mentioned that problem coming from:

(The USB 3.0 computer cable standard has been proven to generate significant amounts of electromagnetic interference that can interfere with any Bluetooth devices a user has connected to the same computer. Various strategies can be applied to resolve the problem, ranging from simple solutions such as increasing the distance of USB 3.0 devices from any Bluetooth devices to purchasing better shielded USB cables), so try to unplug your USB Type-C Hub and see.

Regards,

S. D.

Magic Mouse 2 keeps disconnecting from 2018 MacbookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.