Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not loading some pages; Software Update stalls - Log Provided

Safari won't load certain pages, times out, and Software Update stalls.
Have reset Safari, emptied cache, etc. but no change. May be more pervasive than just Safari. What to do next?

Console log:

2007-02-20 22:26:35.297 System Preferences[343] * -[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/
MagicMenuEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MagicMenuEnabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:26:35.299 System Preferences[343] * -[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:28:12.317 Software Update[348] * -[NSBundle load]:
MagicMenuEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MagicMenuEnabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:28:12.320 Software Update[348] * -[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())

MacBook Pro 15" Mac OS X (10.4.8) 2 GB RAM

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.4.7), 2 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 21, 2007 10:11 AM

28 replies

Feb 21, 2007 1:28 PM in response to Terry Temple

Hi Terry

MagicMenuEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MagicMenuEnabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:26:35.299 System Preferences[343] * -[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:28:12.317 Software Update[348] * -[NSBundle load]:

MagicMenu Enabler is a product developed by the people who make Stuffit. From the above log it appears that it might be compromising your system, and possibly contributing to the problem you are seeing.

Go to your Main Library>InputManagers folder and remove the MagicMenuEnabler plug-in (for the time being move it to your desktop).

Then restart Safari.

Post back

Feb 22, 2007 9:55 AM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

Hi Terry

Error loading code
/Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/
MagicMenuEnabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/MagicMenuEnable
r for bundle /
Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/MagicMenuEnable
r.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error
number 0 ()) 2007-02-20 22:26:35.299 System
Preferences[343] * -[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code /Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra
Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu
Extra Enabler for bundle / Library/InputManagers/Menu
Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle, error code 2
(link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
2007-02-20 22:28:12.317 Software Update[348] *
-[NSBundle load]:
Error loading code
/Library/InputManagers/MagicMenuEnabler/

MagicMenu Enabler is a product developed by the
people who make Stuffit. From the above log it
appears that it might be compromising your system,
and possibly contributing to the problem you are
seeing.

Go to your Main Library>InputManagers folder and
remove the MagicMenuEnabler plug-in (for the time
being move it to your desktop).

Then restart Safari.

Post back

Thanks, Joseph. Tried it last night on my laptop and it didn't help. I still have lots of similar error messages not related to Stuffit. I am getting frustrated. Sometimes Safari is OK, but I have great difficulty logging in to secure sites like my bank and brokerage accounts. Software Update still stalls. Sometimes I have difficulty logging into this site. But, some websites load OK. I can access all of them on my Windows computer in my office.

Feb 26, 2007 8:18 AM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

No, it doesn't matter, unless your IP has specific
numbers available for users - one example is
Comcast.

Another alternative to the Version Numbers are the
OpenDNS numbers. They are

I found DNS Numbers: 208.247.248.5 and 208.247.248.66.

Software Update no longer stalls.

I can navigate through login at all sites, but cannot render pages within site after login. Have no trouble using dial-up. Also, Verssion Tracker Pro cannot find its server.

Feb 26, 2007 3:08 PM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

I'm having the same issues, which started abruptly on Saturday, 2/24. Here are some additional data points.

Network Diagnostics app reports all OK. Ditto my DSL provider and my ISP.

Using Safari and Mail, all HTTP-sourced data appears to load very slowly. This includes all Web pages via Safari, and all HTTP-sourced graphics in received Mail emails. However, the text portions of Mail emails and JPEGs embedded within emails display normally.

When I revert to using MS Entourage for email, all emails display their HTTP-sourced graphics with no delay. And when i revert to MS Internet Explorer for Web access, all Web pages display at normal speed.

So the diagnostic question seems to be: What do MS Entourage and MS Internet Explorer know about downloading and displaying HTTP material that Apple Safari and Apple Mail seem to have forgotten?

I might suggest that some problem has cropped up in a network port setting or in a firewall configuration, if I knew anything about those things.

G4 Single Processor Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Feb 26, 2007 6:55 PM in response to WayneMarsh

I found the solution (for me) in another Safari support thread.

In System Preferences, I opened the Network window and Showed the Built-in Ethernet data. Then I clicked on the Proxies tab.

In the Select a Proxy Server to Configure pane, the entry Automatic Proxy Configuration was checked. That was the only entry that was checked.

I unchecked that entry, and Applyed the change. Then Safari was immediately able to load and display HTTP data at full speed, just as before.

Feb 27, 2007 6:11 AM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

I installed the 10.4.8 combo update and it didn't change anything. Another thing I did was to try to connect using Windows/Parallels and IE, but I had the very same results as with OS 10.4.8. Appears to me that the problem is in AEBS hardware, its's setup or the ISP-provided modem. I have been trying to get help from ISP, but they haven't returned call yet.

Feb 27, 2007 10:19 AM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

I tried a direct connection from the MBP to the modem quickly this morning before leaving for the office, and I got a message that I don't recall the contets of other than that it dealt with the MBP assigning an address. It more or less indicated that I needed to change some setting(s) on the MBP in order to connect directly with the modem via ethernet. What do I need to do to change from an airport connection to ethernet in Airport Utility other than to select "ethernet" connection? Sorry, but I am not too conversant with making such changes, and I am also concerned about resetting them to work over Airport after I try the direct connection over ethernet. Can you tell me what to do?

Thanks

Safari not loading some pages; Software Update stalls - Log Provided

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.