Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Last update affect my iphone battery

Hi admin i have iphone6 before the last update that you add my phone was working very good , the charge time and this is the important thing before last update i can talk , listen to music ,surf on net do many task with phone for 1 day half and sometimes for 2 days without charge now and after install the last update version 12.1(16B92) my phone can't work for even 6 hours so please im asking for solution how to go back to pervious update 12.0.1 or just add new update to fix this because its really hard to work with phone he can't stay on for more than 6 hours and thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 6:08 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2018 5:39 AM in response to stillalive7

Hello stillalive7,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've been experiencing some battery life issues recently.

While you wouldn't be able to revert to an earlier iOS version, there are a few things I recommend checking out that may help to improve your overall battery performance. Using these steps, from the article titled iPhone Battery and Performance , you can check your battery hardware health:

Battery Health

For iPhone 6 and later, iOS 11.3 and later add new features to show battery health and recommend if a battery needs to be replaced. These can be found in Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

If you see any alerts there, I recommend checking out the link I posted above for more information. If everything checks out with your battery health, try this next to learn About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch :

Check battery usage

To see an overview of your battery level and activity for the last 24 hours and up to the last 10 days, go to Settings > Battery.

When you tap one of the columns on your screen, you can see which apps contributed to your battery usage during that time period, and the proportion of battery used for the app.

To see how long each app was in use on screen or in the background, tap Show Activity. Under each app, you might see these usage types:

• Background Activity means that your battery was used while the app was doing something in the background.
  • Audio means that apps play audio while running in the background.
  • No Cell Coverage and Low Signal means that your device is searching for a signal or being used with a low signal.
  • Backup & Restore indicates that your device has been backing up to iCloud or restoring from an iCloud backup.
  • Connected to Charger means the app was used only when your device was charging.

You can also see when your device was last connected to a charger and the last charge level.

You might also check out these recommendations. They may help you to improve your battery life by adjusting settings: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

I hope this is helpful to you.

Take care.

Last update affect my iphone battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.