Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR apps are frozen/crashing.

I have an iPhone XR with the latest iOS 12.1 and it has a problem where when I tap on apps, they are stuck on the loading screen and then they will crash within a few seconds. My phone is basically useless. Even in settings, when I try to access iCloud in settings, it just freezes.

Here are steps that I've already tried but none of them worked:

1. remove apps from the app switcher then reopen
  2. delete and re download the apps
  3. shut down then turn on
  4. restart the phone
  5. restored software through iTunes (3 times already)

NOTE: All apps are up to date

What else can I do?

iPhone XR, iOS 12.1, null

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 3:25 PM

10 replies

Mar 25, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Sausage_king_

Since my last post I have an update;

• My iphone has been sent to the apple repair center twice. Both times the phone has been sent back with no issues according to the repair center. I even added a note to the package explaining the problem in detail.
  • I contacted the apple support team a third time demanding the phone be replaced and here it is 3 months later and finally some action by someone willing to help.

If I have issues with the replacement phone then I will just upgrade to the XS or Max at their cost, not mine.

I turned on the analytical data on my phone for the apple engineering group to gather data. They collected a weeks worth of data and realized it is the phone causing the problem and not the apps. My trusty iPhone 6 runs the same apps with no issues. Go figure!

Currently I am waiting on my replacement device. Fingers crossed!

Jan 30, 2019 7:14 PM in response to -guitar

Having the same issue with my XR. Christmas gift, updated, set it up and several days later apps that I were using randomly freeze and the phone crashes and restarts. Sent the phone in to Apple with a nice note explaining the issues I was experiencing. Email sent back to me no issues found with phone! Go figure! I’m an Emergency Responder and I can’t have these issues!

Mar 13, 2019 6:47 AM in response to -guitar

iPhone XR, bought in Autumn, everything worked perfect till two months ago, then it started to freeze sometimes and got restarted, nothing special. From the beginning of the week, my iPhone freezes like 15-20 times a day, and keeps restarting for about 30 minutes before it launches again properly, but it only works for 30-40 minutes and freezes again. I've done all type of resets: settings reset, full reset, issue remains the same. Apple Support, please pay attention to my message, as it becomes impossible to use this phone, although I use a few of Apple devices, as well. This issue is pretty much disappointing.

Mar 25, 2019 11:13 AM in response to -guitar

In addition to my last post, I have tried resetting my iPhone and using it as an absolutely new one, but it still kept freezing. After reaching the Apple Support, I have handed in the phone to a certified service centre, and eventually I received a new phone. So if you face the same issue, you will want to check your phone in an official service centre, because maybe your phone has to be replaced, too.

iPhone XR apps are frozen/crashing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.