Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update OS X

I am unable to update my macbook pro because a window pops up saying, "billing info" is required. I click on the "billing info" button and it then leads me to say I need the newest version of software to continue and click "learn more" The "learn more" button leads me to this website which doesn't help me update. I go to the app store and attempt to update but it leads me back to the "billing info" button, and the vicious cycle continues.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 6:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2018 9:47 PM in response to doreyes19

Yes Apple in their infinite looniness brought in this Catch-22 situation a while ago and have done nothing to resolve it. One way to get over it is to use find a Mac you can 'borrow' that is running an OS that is newer than Mountain Lion, login to the App Store using the Apple ID you use on the Mac you want to upgrade, renew the billing info, once that is done login to the App Store on the first Mac and see if you can now upgrade your Mac.

Trying to update OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.