Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Apple Music albums keep shuffling on iPhone 6s

Hi!

I seem to have a problem with full albums (and suggested Mix) in Apple Music on my iPhone 6s. Every time I listen to a full album and choose to start with any other track than no. 1 it shuffles the rest. How can I prevent that?

Best regards. Simon.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 6:26 AM

Hello SimonStubkjaer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about Apple Music.

From your description of what's happening, it sounds like you have the Shuffle feature toggled on. Here's how to check, using the steps from the article Play, repeat, and shuffle music :

On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

On your iOS or Android device, you can turn on shuffle in two places and repeat in one:

• At the top of any playlist or album, you'll see a User uploaded file Shuffle button to the right of User uploaded file Play. Tap User uploaded file Shuffle to start playback of the music in random order. The color of the button won't change.
  • When you play music, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing, then scroll up. You'll find User uploaded file Shuffle and User uploaded file Repeat buttons above Lyrics. The color of the buttons changes if you have shuffle or repeat turned on.

If your music is playing in random order or repeating and you don't remember turning on Shuffle or Repeat, check Now Playing to see if the User uploaded file Shuffle or User uploaded file Repeat buttons have changed color.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Play an album, playlist, or set of songs, then open the Now Playing screen and scroll up.

Tap User uploaded file Shuffle to turn on shuffle. The music plays in a random order. Tap User uploaded file Shuffle again to turn off shuffle.

User uploaded file

If shuffle is on, the User uploaded file Shuffle button turns pink.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

Take care.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2018 6:26 AM in response to SimonStubkjaer

Hello SimonStubkjaer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about Apple Music.

From your description of what's happening, it sounds like you have the Shuffle feature toggled on. Here's how to check, using the steps from the article Play, repeat, and shuffle music :

On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

On your iOS or Android device, you can turn on shuffle in two places and repeat in one:

• At the top of any playlist or album, you'll see a User uploaded file Shuffle button to the right of User uploaded file Play. Tap User uploaded file Shuffle to start playback of the music in random order. The color of the button won't change.
  • When you play music, a player appears at the bottom or lower-right corner of the screen. Tap the player to open Now Playing, then scroll up. You'll find User uploaded file Shuffle and User uploaded file Repeat buttons above Lyrics. The color of the buttons changes if you have shuffle or repeat turned on.

If your music is playing in random order or repeating and you don't remember turning on Shuffle or Repeat, check Now Playing to see if the User uploaded file Shuffle or User uploaded file Repeat buttons have changed color.

User uploaded file

Shuffle songs

Play an album, playlist, or set of songs, then open the Now Playing screen and scroll up.

Tap User uploaded file Shuffle to turn on shuffle. The music plays in a random order. Tap User uploaded file Shuffle again to turn off shuffle.

User uploaded file

If shuffle is on, the User uploaded file Shuffle button turns pink.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

Take care.

Full Apple Music albums keep shuffling on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.