Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter Apple ID and password, the account does not open, asks for verification code, but there is "NO" box is coming up to put in verification code

When I enter Apple ID and password, the account does not open, asks for verification code, but there is "NO" box is coming up to put in verification code. How do I sign into iCloud?

MacBook Air, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 5:50 AM

If you don’t see a password box, try selecting a different preference pane, and then go back to the iCloud pane to see if you get a password box.

If you see a password box, enter the password (ABC) followed by the code (123) or ABC123.

4 replies

Nov 21, 2018 10:18 PM in response to Recon59

See this article Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I don’t have access to a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication.

Nov 22, 2018 2:03 AM in response to tygb

Not helpful. Obviously you misunderstood the question. I have a verification code sent to my IPhone after I sign in to ICloud on my Mac. Then it tells me to re-enter password followed by verification code, an OK box then appears. When you click on the OK box it disappears and there is no password box to sign in with.

When I enter Apple ID and password, the account does not open, asks for verification code, but there is "NO" box is coming up to put in verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.