Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant install Garageband on ipad 4

Hi All I have a ipad 4, but it wont let me install garageband as it says it needs ios 12, but ipad 4 wont upgrade beyond a version 10,

I hear there are tricks to dela with this by using a pce to get the app first but that doesnt seem possible?

Any clues anyone

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 3:34 PM

1. Temporarily remove your current version of iTunes.
  2. Install iTunes 12.6.5.3 from Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support.
  3. Use Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support to create a new empty library.
  4. Obtain GarageBand for iOS from the App Store.
  5. Reinstall the current version of iTunes and reconnect to your current library.
  6. Install GarageBand on your device from the purchased section of the store.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2018 3:34 PM in response to jetsetJane

1. Temporarily remove your current version of iTunes.
  2. Install iTunes 12.6.5.3 from Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support.
  3. Use Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support to create a new empty library.
  4. Obtain GarageBand for iOS from the App Store.
  5. Reinstall the current version of iTunes and reconnect to your current library.
  6. Install GarageBand on your device from the purchased section of the store.

tt2

cant install Garageband on ipad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.