Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard issues

My iPhone 6s keyboard isn’t acting right. I’ll hit the space bar and it will backspace. When I double tap the space bar with “.” shortcut on it doesn’t work sometimes. And when I hit a predictive text word it doesn’t always put the space. I’ve turned on and off the phone and the keyboard features as well as hard resetting the phone. I know it doesn’t have a calibration feature but something is happening and I’m not sure how to fix it.

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 5:33 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2018 10:14 AM in response to jaleisha

Greetings, jaleisha.

I see that the keyboard you're using on your iPhone 6s isn't responding as expected. The spacebar actually backspaces and predictive text doesn't always respond correctly either. I'm happy to help.

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If you're using a third-party, switch back to the keyboard for your country by tapping Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards. Test the issue if you changed keyboards. If the issue doesn't happen with the native keyboard, remove the third-party keyboard and restart your phone. When your phone returns to the Home screen, re-add the third-party and test the issue. If you're using the native keyboard, continue to the next step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Since restarting your iPhone hasn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Nov 28, 2018 1:06 PM in response to jaleisha

Thank you for trying those steps, jaleisha. It's appreciated. Since reinstalling the iOS didn't resolve the issue, I'd like for you to restore your iPhone 6s and set it up as a new phone to test.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If you didn't back up your iPhone previously, please be sure to backup your iPhone before proceeding.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings -- With this process, once your iPhone restarts at the end, choose to set it up as a new iPhone. Feel free to sign into iCloud and iTunes & App Store, download some of your applications and sync your information to your phone, but do not restore the backup you just created. Test the issue for a bit. If everything is working as expected, restore your iPhone again but select the backup you made to place your information back on your phone.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — If the issue happens after setting it up as a new iPhone, please contact Apple Support. After selecting this link, choose Apps & Features > The topic is not listed and use "Keyboard problems" as the issue. Then select the method you'd like to contact them with.

Cheers!

Keyboard issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.