Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Samsung 4k UHD and Apple TV are not working. How do I fix it?

I have a Samsung 58" NU8000, 4k UHD television and a 4k Apple TV (4th gen). I have been trying to get them to work for some time now. The Apple TV just randomly starts blinking and the screen goes black. I have checked the forums... in numerous places... and have tried WAY TOO MANY things for these 2 items to work. I have changed cables. I have reset the TV and the Apple TV. I have changed out the TV box that you plug all the USB and HDMI cables into. I have taken the cables out and changed which HDMI port it is using. I have changed the settings on the Samsung TV to recognize the Apple TV as HDMI port 1. I have taken the Apple TV to the Apple store and had it replaced with a new one. I have turned off the Autoupdate feature; turned it back on... I still end up with the same results... flashing Apple box... with no access to all the money I have put into Apple movies, etc.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 2:36 PM

Did you set the HDMI input used to connect your AppleTV to UHD Deep Color? This setting is in the settings of your Samsung UHD 4K TV > Go to Setting > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color, then select the HDMI port that your AppleTV is connected to. If this navigation is incorrect, just be on the lookout for HDMI UHD COLOR . Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2018 2:36 PM in response to Bornegarn

Did you set the HDMI input used to connect your AppleTV to UHD Deep Color? This setting is in the settings of your Samsung UHD 4K TV > Go to Setting > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color, then select the HDMI port that your AppleTV is connected to. If this navigation is incorrect, just be on the lookout for HDMI UHD COLOR . Hope this helps.

My Samsung 4k UHD and Apple TV are not working. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.