Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini 2018 i7 Bootcamp power light

Hello, got the new Mac mini 2018, configuration 512ssd, 16gb ram, i7.

Installing Windows 10 on Bootcamp, everything ok, but after a first restart, the power led of Mac mini turns off, and it stay turned off, also if resetting and rebooting to Mojave.

The only way to get the light back, is to completely shut down the power of the machine, and then restarting after a few seconds.

Anyone experience this issue?

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 9:06 AM

7 replies

Dec 31, 2018 9:24 PM in response to jrskurbe

I just bought my mini i5, 256, 16GB and after installing BC I no longer have a power LED. After watching a YouTube video on how installing boot camp will allow you to utilize an eGPU with a NVidia card I realized the mini in the video displayed the EXACT same behavior. After boot camp the power light no longer functioned.

I’m betting it’s an issue with the T2 chip not playing nice with Windows.

Another thing I noticed, not to digress, but, the power light (when it worked) no longer throbs when sleeping. First it’s the startup chime (which I miss) and now the power light no longer throbs when sleeping.

Oh, and another thing, since installing boot camp it takes anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes for my Mac to start.

Mac mini 2018 i7 Bootcamp power light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.