Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offloaded apps won’t reinstall

few of my important apps have been offloaded and when reinstall I keep getting ”can’t install try again“ error message

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 2:19 PM

Hello ephraim,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're encountering an error when attempting to reinstall apps on your iOS device. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

You may also want to confirm that the device has enough available storage to reinstall the apps:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you would like to prevent apps from being automatically offloaded, you can do that by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store, then turn off Offload Unused Apps.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2018 2:19 PM in response to ephraimfromjohannesburg

Hello ephraim,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're encountering an error when attempting to reinstall apps on your iOS device. You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

You may also want to confirm that the device has enough available storage to reinstall the apps:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you would like to prevent apps from being automatically offloaded, you can do that by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store, then turn off Offload Unused Apps.

Cheers!

Offloaded apps won’t reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.