Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X 10.3, pc user, how to back up

I am a pc person. My neighbor is 78 yrs old, has the above system. Appears to me to be 14yrs old.

I am trying to upgrade to brand new system I assisted her in purchasing. But I don't know file structure of this old system or what backup tools, if any, are included with her system.

What have others used in the past under these circumstances? Is\are there 3rd party tools that do this nicely? She is willing to pay for them if "reasonable".

Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 9:02 AM

The article you're referring to is not going to be specific enough for me to offer advice.

You say her old Mac appears to be 14 years old. To begin to help you my questions are: What Mac is it exactly and what OS is installed? You can find this out by switching it on, clicking on the Apple Icon in the top left hand corner and selecting about this Mac. Processor, Model and Graphics Card information would be good as well as the OS version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Treasur2

The article you're referring to is not going to be specific enough for me to offer advice.

You say her old Mac appears to be 14 years old. To begin to help you my questions are: What Mac is it exactly and what OS is installed? You can find this out by switching it on, clicking on the Apple Icon in the top left hand corner and selecting about this Mac. Processor, Model and Graphics Card information would be good as well as the OS version.

Mac OS X 10.3, pc user, how to back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.