Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return a App Store gift card

I have redeemed a App Store card that I purchased from Costco today by accident. I bought the gift cards assuming them to be Apple store cards. Can I please exchange them for Apple store cards or else retuen back the gift card?

iPhone 7, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 12:42 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2018 10:46 AM in response to satyajitfromburlingame

Hello satyajitfromburlingame!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that you mistakenly purchased an App Store gift card under the impression that it was an Apple Store gift which you could use in an Apple Store or the Apple Online Store. Before realizing this, you redeemed the cards in the iTunes & App Store to an Apple ID and would like to undo the redemption process.

Unfortunately, this process cannot be undone.

For information regarding the terms and conditions for gift cards, please review these links:

APP STORE & ITUNES ACCOUNT BALANCE, ITUNES, APP STORE & ITUNES, AND APPLE MUSIC GIFT CARDS AND CODES, AND CONTENT CODES

Apple Store Gift Cards - Terms & Conditions

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kindest Regards!

Dec 15, 2018 10:45 PM in response to rose_10

That is completely unacceptable. Apple makes it to where once the funds are in your account, they cannot be transferred out. I'm pretty sure this scheme violates FTC Act 15 USC §45, which prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting

commerce.”

It seems your sole purpose is to bilk money from your customers. I made the same mistake. Never again.

Return a App Store gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.