Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MacBook Pro Mid-2010 display card be upgraded to meet Mojave requirement?

Hello there!

Not sure if my MacBook Pro Mid-2010 will take a new display card so I can upgrade to Mac OSX 10.14.0? Been looking for a new card but can't seemed to find one to upgrade to. Will appreciate your valuable input. Thank you.

Dan

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), w/ NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 9:55 PM

5 replies

Nov 27, 2018 3:49 PM in response to Niel

Niel,

Thank you for your input. Now I can rest on searching and maybe focus my effort on something else. Appreciate you helping the MacBook Pro users community especially not so literate guy on Apple products like me. To be honest, thought I already rendered my device extinct and was ready to toss it away for it was unresponsive for over a long time (6mos.+). But luckily my patience and persistence worked favorably and with struck of luck was able to revive it by going through a lengthy process of erasing the hd and slowly upgrading MacOS X until I got to 10.13.6 and since I got the momentum thought of going all the way to Mojave just to find out I already reached my device's ultimate limitation.

Still thankful that I'm still able to use my MacBook Pro Mid-2010 with High Sierra OS, use it just mainly for online browsing and social media anyway. After adding more ram it seems working faster than before and I feel happier now. Again, thanks so much.

Dan

Nov 27, 2018 3:56 PM in response to woodmeister50

Thank you, woodmeister50! After so much reading of different issues relating to upgrading to Mojave, I finally accepted that I am better off by just sticking with the MacOS X 10.13.6 instead of solving a huge arrays of issues that may not even work for my case anyway based on what others are experiencing. Again, keep up the good work of helping others. I appreciate it, thanks now!

Dan

Can MacBook Pro Mid-2010 display card be upgraded to meet Mojave requirement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.