Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max in Black and White mode

I took my phone out of bag and it is in black and white mode. Everything I have tried online doesn’t work, I have gone into general, accessibility but then grayscale doesn’t exist? Can anyone help?User uploaded file

i have an iphone XS Max running IOS 12

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 1:24 AM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2018 2:07 PM in response to DeanFromStone

Hi DeanFromStone!

I understand that your iPhone display is showing in black and white, and I'm happy to help. This setting has been moved since the instructions that you posted. Try turning off Color Filters as described here:

1. Go to Settings User uploaded file > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations.

2. Choose any of the following:

• Auto-Brightness: iPhone automatically adjusts the screen brightness for current light conditions using the built-in ambient light sensor.

• Invert Colors:Choose Smart Invert or Classic Invert. Or use accessibility shortcuts. Smart Invert Colors reverses the colors of the display, except for images, media, and some apps that use dark color styles.

• Color Filters:Then turn on Color Filters or use accessibility shortcuts. Tap a filter to apply it. To adjust the intensity or hue, drag the sliders.

Adjust the display settings on iPhone

Cheers!

iPhone XS Max in Black and White mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.