Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ANY ASAP HELP PLEASE.. Unable to Install any app

I’m facing a problem while trying to re-inshall any app on my Iphone !

What have just happened lately , I had to reset my Iphone after I was done with the latest IOS update.. so I’ve lost my data ,apps.. etc

Now whenever Im trying to reinstall any app , Im being asked to enter a password for an Apple ID which is not mine :/

I need a help so I want my Apple ID to be displayed whenever I need to install any app , the current displaying one is for a cousin of mine and I dont want to use it .. yet Im not able to install or use any of my apps !! “ Im not sure what had happened that let my apple ID disappeared to being displayed whenever I tr to install any app”

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 1:11 PM

It sounds as though "your" device was in fact still using your "cousins" Apple ID (even if you thought it was using yours), if that is so you will need to log out of your cousins Apple ID first before you can login with yours. To do that you will require your cousins password.

This may help https://www.imore.com/how-change-apple-id-your-iphone-or-ipad

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2018 1:11 PM in response to khaldoun11

It sounds as though "your" device was in fact still using your "cousins" Apple ID (even if you thought it was using yours), if that is so you will need to log out of your cousins Apple ID first before you can login with yours. To do that you will require your cousins password.

This may help https://www.imore.com/how-change-apple-id-your-iphone-or-ipad

Nov 25, 2018 2:03 PM in response to khaldoun11

No image was attached to your last post, but if the Apple ID is yours when you tap on your name (it is your name?) at the top of Settings, then if you go to the bottom and select "Sign Out" a box will appear asking for your password.

If your password doesn't work, then either it's been changed and you need to remember what to, or the Apple ID (and name) isn't yours, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't work.

Nov 25, 2018 2:09 PM in response to SiHancox

Yeah it’s my name ..

Im wondering that my counsin’s ID is being displaying maybe its been entered mistakenly while trying to take a backup and setup the configurations for my Iphone after the reset was done ..

It worked now with one possible trick :/

I deleted all the old apps “as I’m unable to reinstall them due being asked to enter the other apple ID pass”

I tried to submit a new installation from app store and for now its working and its asking me to enter my own apple ID pass ..

FINALLY !

However im still feeling crucious why I was being asked to enter other’s one pass ID When trying to reinstall any existing app !

Thank you alot for your kind help and support

Appreciate it xx

Nov 25, 2018 2:21 PM in response to khaldoun11

No problem.

With respect to why you are being asked for different passwords, may be some apps have been downloaded unknowingly under a different Apple ID (which I believe is possible), so basically you end up with apps on the device being associated with more than one Apple ID.

But this is outside of my experience, may be someone else will expand on this possibility further.

Best of luck.

ANY ASAP HELP PLEASE.. Unable to Install any app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.