Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad Pro 2018 makes a click sound on YouTube videos

I just bought a new iPad Pro (3th gen) and I realized it makes a weird ”click” sound when I open any video on the YouTube app. It only happens on this app.

I just wanted to know if you guys have been experimenting this on your devices, I want to know if its a software issue, a hardware issue, or just a YouTube bug that can be solved by the devs.

I have 15 days to exchange this iPad Pro if its something wrong with the speakers.

iOS 12.1

Thanks!

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 2:41 PM

8 replies

Dec 12, 2018 7:40 PM in response to iSergio87

I have 2018 iPad Pro 12.9

i don’t have the issue on YouTube via safari. I did have with using YouTube app. Saw your video and that sound ...so fast but notable because I had it.

it seems to have stop since updated to iOS 12.1.1.

but I have question for you- I’m experiencing low sound issue for when I receive notification for text and email.

here is link to my post.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250008801

Nov 25, 2018 6:18 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I tried on the YouTube’s mobile version in Safari and didnt hear it. But I was watching a video on another website and I heard it when I activated the Control Center.

Its like the speakers react to abrupt changes on audio...

I guess I will have to call for an appointment on the Genius Bar, I’ve had similar issues with the speakers on other iPad models. Luckily, Apple has a great support service. But still, its annoying to buy a product for 1.100 € and get these issues...

Nov 27, 2018 3:52 PM in response to iSergio87

You only played a video for a couple seconds, so it's very difficult from your video to tell what you're describing or hearing. I still believe that if this happens ONLY on YouTube and not on other video sources, it's a YouTube issue, not an iPad Pro issue. It would be very simple to validate this. Play a video via Safari or any other source. If the clicking you heard on YouTube is there, it's your iPad. If the clicking you heard is not present, it's YouTube.

Nov 27, 2018 4:01 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Maybe its just my english but I dont think you understood the problem.

The “pop” noise appears just RIGHT IN THE VERY MOMENT I press on a video, just before the video starts. Thats why I didnt play the videos more than a couple of seconds.

Anyways, I tried with headphones and the sound didnt appear. But it doesnt necessary mean its a hardware problem thought. As I said before, I tried on YouTubes mobile version and no issue.

More: When you play Netflix videos on any iOS device and you press the 10 secs forward button, you will listen this kind of crackling. So I guess is something natural on this type of speakers hardware over online streaming.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

My new iPad Pro 2018 makes a click sound on YouTube videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.