Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IBook G4 admin account

Hi I have an ibook g4 that I received from my grandfather and he has 2 accounts on it that I am unable to access and 1 of them is the admin. How can I make myself the admin and is there any way to upgrade the OS without an install disk? It's running 10.3.4 OS X

null-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.3.x), IBook G4

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 7:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2018 7:50 AM in response to amonari

Insert a Mac OS X install DVD, restart with the Option(alt) key held down, choose to boot up from that disc in the boot menu that pops up, and use the Reset Password utility.

Click the Utilities tab in the top menu bar, select Terminal, type resetpassword and press Enter. Close out the Terminal window and behind it you will find the Reset Password utility. All you have to do now is select the user account you want to reset, enter a new password or leave it blank and click Save. Then just simply restart the computer from the Apple menu and login with your new password. It's as easy as that.

IBook G4 admin account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.