Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime playback help: no video but there's audio

A new client sent a link to his file and it's .mov. I know it's a Quicktime file so went and downloaded the program. As soon as I opened the file, Quicktime prompted me "some components are missing" so I just followed what button the prompt told me to do and unfortunately, Apple said "the page no longer exists" so followed their link to their directory. Browsed through Quicktime questions but didn't find the answer to what I've encountered. Presently, I've followed the possible solutions from this thread: Quicktime will only play sound no video and still encountered the same problem (no video - just black screen) and audio is good.

I did try to convert this file for Windows Media Player format in case, it will do the trick, unfortunately, the video doesn't play there too (all black) and audio is fine.

Here are the other details from the file from movie inspector.

Source: C:\Users\YEN\Downloads\Video 19-11-2018,20 27 39.mov

Format: HEVC,1074 x 604, Millions

AAC, Stereo (LR), 44 100 kHZ

Movie FPS: 29.90

Playing FPS: 29.90

Data Size: 191.16MB

Data Rate: 15.56 mbits/sec

If I downloaded Quicktime Pro will this solve the problem. Lastly, I'm a Windows user does this also affect my viewing the file properly? Thanks in advance!

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 7:29 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Quicktime playback help: no video but there's audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.