Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up problems AirPort Time Capsule

For years, I am using an Airport Time Capsule to back up my Macbook Air automatically. Yesterday I checked my latest back-up and it was from April 6 2017 😮. I tried to back up manually and now it says that the latest back up is from May 2017. However when I activate Time Machine, I also see back-ups from yesterday and today. Why does it say that the latest back up is from May 2017? Aren't the back-ups from yesterday and today not full back-ups?

It's takes a long time to prepare the back-up, so I am afraid that the back up is not as it should be. The software on my Mac and the Air Port are updated.

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), AirPort Time Capsule

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 11:22 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2018 6:39 AM in response to Luzz70

I think you may be confusing "latest" with "oldest".

Click on the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the Mac's screen

Click on Open Time Machine Preferences

A window will appear with information about your backups. For example, you will see something like.......

xxxGB of xxxGB available

Backups: Oldest date to most recent backup date

Post back with the exact information that you see when you open the Time Machine Preferences window, or if it easier to post a screenshot of the preferences window, that would fine as well.

Nov 26, 2018 11:14 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you Bob for replying.

I wasn't confusing latest with oldest.

The latest back up was from May 2017 and the oldest from June 2016.

However, I kept trying and yesterday it finally worked again. It took the whole day and part of the night but my latest back up is now from last night.

Hopefully it keeps making back up's now.

Back up problems AirPort Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.